Some businesses still may see social media platforms as the most efficient marketing channels in today’s world. However, tricky algorithms, together with extremely decreasing post reach, are showing the decline of effectiveness.
And, here comes the email marketing, rising like a phoenix from the ash. Its era is not over. On the contrary, email marketing is becoming a new icon of efficiency again. Its popularity as a marketing approach is expanding, showing the increasing rates of efficient conversions, and saving money. To make the most out of email marketing might require some effort, but it’s definitely worth using in order to increase the number of restaurant guests and gain revenue noticeably.
So, What are the Main Aspects of Email Marketing that Should be Considered in 2020?
- Target Information. Each restaurant should always bear in mind that their message will reach the recipients as the prospect clients only if it is providing the relevant content on the right time. Thus, both the specific information and newsletter sending time should always be thought of according to the targeted audience.
- Analysis of Social Media Performance. If the restaurant has a page on Facebook, a profile on Instagram or an account on any other social media channel, each email marketing campaign should start with the analysis of the followers’ behaviour. What type of published information receives the biggest engagement? What feed receives most comments and generates more likes? What are the comments about? Which steps stimulate to convert on social media? Such analysis has the power to shape a much more effective email marketing campaign.
- Personal Data Privacy. Today all email marketing campaigns must essentially meet the GDPR. None of the business should risk with neglecting it. However, despite such restrictions, email marketing is still at its peak. Especially when online table reservation platforms like Tablein are functioning with fully integrated GDPR-compatible models.
- Personalisation. Personalisation is definitely a key to successful email marketing in 2020 that can be easily measured by a higher click rate and greater conversion. This is not surprising when the total amount of information that reaches any individual today is huge. People are not able to process such overload, so many of the messages are facing a constant risk to be sent to the trash. That’s why personalisation, which touches the target individual, is a must. Things that theoretically are suitable for all, practically are suitable for none. The most important thing what every restaurant should be trying to do is to make the subscribers feel that it not only cares but knows them personally. Using guest names, birth dates, details from their visit history wisely are greatly helping to avoid the click on “unsubscribe” button. When the restaurant starts accepting online reservations via Tablein, the system automatically helps to collect quite a bunch of invaluable information, which could be useful for personalised email marketing campaigns.
- Catchy Subject Lines. The vast majority of individuals are deciding if to open the email or send it straight to the trash according to the subject line. That is why measuring seven times, and cutting once has a higher chance of success: taking time, writing down the dozen subject lines and picking the most powerful one is always advisable. Which one resonates with the restaurant’s potential guests at most? Which phrase encourages to find out more? A successful subject line should draw attention, provide a benefit for the target client or create an immediate engagement in any another way.
- Style of the Message. Marketers underline that plain-text emails are noticeably gaining the popularity against sale-oriented ones in refined designs that are expressed by colours, exclusive fonts, particular images or even GIFs. Textual paragraphs appear as less commercial and have better resemblance with personal messages. Despite this, everything depends on the target client of each specific restaurant, and the opposite might work the same good. However, one rule must never be forgotten; whether it’s the designed message or a plain-text email, CTA should always be present which in restaurant’s case should be linked to the next step – table reservation.
- Choice for CTA. Overuse of different CTA texts, images or buttons is confusing. One email should contain the minimum possible actions the restaurant is inviting to take. Staying consistent, specific and never overwhelming is always a key to conversion.
- Consistency. When taking on the email communication, performance and expression of the image must always be kept consistent. Design, tone, voice, manner and mood should always remain the same like on restaurant’s website, Facebook page, Instagram profile or any other virtual channel. It helps to shape the clear image of the place in the client’s mind and evoke immediate recognition.
- Optimisation for Various Devices. Mobile devices are taking up in today’s world. The shift from computers is highly noticeable, with more than 50 per cent of all email messages that are being opened on smartphones. Thus, optimisation for a mobile device is a must: from the adaptive display to the optimal length of the message and uncluttered, simplified design.
- Integration with Email Marketing Platforms. When email marketing campaigns are being held, it is advisable to incorporate email marketing automation platforms, e.g. Mailchimp, Mailerlite or any other. Such services help to systemise and automatise the technical email marketing part. Moreover, they can be linked to Tablein system only in minutes.
Are you already considering how to launch an email marketing campaign for your restaurant? All the aspects discussed above can be easily achieved by implementing Tablein reservation system, getting to know your target audience better and growing the client data base.