- How to create dining areas and tables
- How to merge tables / table groups
- What does “Collapsed in Calendar” mean
- How to turn on/off “select dining area” feature
- How to delete tables
How to create dining areas and tables
- Add your restaurant areas and rooms at the bottom of the screen, near the Save button. Having more dining areas provides more flexibility in controlling online reservations
- Select whether you want to allow online reservations for each area
- The priority dictates which dining area will be seated first (1 = highest priority)
- Expand in calendar – use this only for seasonal dining areas (such as outdoor spaces), when online reservations are turned off (it helps to save space on the calendar)
- Add tables into each area, then select number of guests and booking length for online reservations
Save your progress
How to merge tables / table groups
- On the bottom-right corner of each dining area click “Create group”
- The group appears at the bottom of dining area
- Click on the group and drag it up to the preferred location
- With a slight movement to the right you can drag the tables into groups
- Click save
Note! Each table can be added only once to the table group.
Watch the video to see how table grouping works.
Collapsed in Calendar
The Collapsed in Calendar function allows you to automatically minimise a dining room in your reservation calendar, so only the dining room’s name is displayed.
This is useful for seasonal dining areas, such as your outside tables, as it collapses them in the interface when they’re not in use.
To expand it again, simply click on the dining room name or remove uncheck the “Collapsed in calendar” button in Table Management.
How to turn on “select dining area” feature
- In your Tablein account, click Settings in the top right-hand corner
- Open “Widget Settings” in the sidebar menu
- Click on “Allow client to choose dining room”
- By selecting this, a new option will appear below
- “Require client to choose dining room”. Turn on this option
- Your guests will now be asked (or required) to select their preferred dining room(s) during the first step of their booking on your widget
Note: If you don’t turn on this function, tables will be selected automatically by the booking system (by dining room priority).
How to turn off “select dining” area feature
If you only have one dining area or prefer not to offer this option to guests, you can turn off the dining room selection feature. In this case, simple turn off “Allow client to choose dining area”, by clicking on it.
How to delete tables
All tables are created, edited, and deleted in Table Management.
- Firstly you need to move any reservations that are on the table you want to delete, as otherwise the reservations will also be deleted. Open the reservation list and assign new tables.
- Open Table Management Settings
- Click on the X to delete the table
- Confirm that you want to delete the table and click save
- The table will automatically disappear from your floor plan too.