- Widget integration options
- Widget accent colour
- Default booking button text
- Comment field text
- Widget language
- Widget integration to website
- Button with pop-up widget integration to website
- Your own button with active link
- Widget integration to WIX website
- Integration to Facebook “Book now” button
- Widget integration to Facebook
- Online bookings on Google
- How to create a Google post with an active “Book Now” button
- Reservations widget for multiple restaurants
Widget integration options
The Tablein widget allows customers to search for and book reservations on your website, Facebook and other channels.
Available widget options:
- Full widget (HTML code)
- Button with pop-up widget (HTML code)
- An active link (you can use it for your own button, newsletters, Facebook page, posts and etc.
All options are listed at Widget integration.
Widget accent colour
Customise your reservation widget button’s colour to match the colour of your brand or website.
We want our widget to match your brand and style, so your widget feels like it’s really yours. That’s why we offer you the option to customise your widget’s colour scheme.
Please open the colour selection and select your desired colour or paste your colour’s Hex code.
Default booking button text
Add text for the reservation button with pop-up widget (widget integration).
You can also change this text for multi-language websites.
Examples for button text:
- Book a table
- Reserve now
- Table reservation
Comment field text
Add a comment in cleartext that will prompt your guest to add any extra information you might need for the booking.
You can ask about allergies or add a simple note about special requests, for example:
- If you have any requests, please enter here
- Please write if you or your guests have any allergies
- If you have a gift voucher, mention it here
If you prefer, this comment field can also be left blank.
Your widget language is set by default in your Account settings.
When you select a widget language here, all language codes across the Tablein system changes. This option works really well for multi-language websites: select English language and then add a widget to your English website, then select Spanish and add a widget to your Spanish website, etc.
If you cannot find your language, please contact us by email [email protected]
Widget integration to website
The widget is HTML code based. Tablein allows you to set up your website widgets in seconds with a simple HTML code that you can copy and paste straight into your website.
- Open your WordPress, Wix, Squarespace or other website builders
- Open the page where the reservation widget is to be hosted
Add the HTML code component to the page
- From “Widget Integration”, copy your widget code and paste it to your website
If you are having trouble setting up this widget, please contact us by email [email protected] We will help you free of charge
Button with pop-up widget integration to website
The booking button with a pop-up widget is HTML code based.
- Open your WordPress, Wix, Squarespace or another website builder
- Open the page where you wish for the reservation widget to be hosted Add the HTML Code component to the page
- From Widget Integration “Button with pop-up widget code”, copy your button code and paste it to your website
- For your mobile version, we recommend that you use an active link
If you are having trouble setting up this widget, please contact us by email [email protected] We will help you free of charge.
Your own button with active link
If our Tablein widget doesn’t suit your website design, you can create your own button and use an active link.
We have two active link options:
- Single widget
- Widget with booking policy
You can add or change your booking policy on Widget Settings – Bookings policy
Widget integration to WIX website
WIX is a great website management tool, however it doesn’t fully support other sources, it allows to add full widget to desktop version, but for mobile version, it is not full. For this reason, we recommend to use button with active link for mobile version.
How to add Tablein widget to WIX site:
- Click to add new section
- From Add Section menu HTML EMBED and select design
- Select to edit section – add title, subtitle, booking policy and insert HTML code from widget integration (copy from Tablein and paste to HTML section)
- Button: edit Contact text to Book now and add an active widget link (by default this button is selected to “not published”
- At the top of the page select Mobile version
- Go to the same section and click to edit
- Next to HTML untick publish tick-box
- Next to BUTTONS tick publish tick-box
Integration to Facebook “Book now” button
Facebook recently removed the possibility to add your booking link in the Book Now button, and they only allow you to pick from a list of software solutions and no longer allow to add URL address.
We came up with a workaround solution:
- Sign into your Facebook Business Manager account
- Navigate to your Facebook page, and click “+ Add a Button” below your cover photo
- Select “Contact us” or “Start order” or “Learn now” then Add URL address”
- To get your unique URL, open the Tablein system and from the sidebar
- Open Widget Integration and copy the widget active link
- Within Facebook, paste the URL copied from the previous step and click Finish
You can also use this active link in all your Facebook posts when prompting customer to book a table now (call-to-action).
You can also add automatic respond to Book a table. Please follow next step.
Facebook automated message respond to Book a Table
Instant replies are messages sent automatically as your Page’s first response to new messages. For example, you can use your instant reply message to let customers know that you’ll get back to them soon, allow them to book a table or thank them for contacting your Page.
- Sign into your Facebook Business Manager account
- Navigate to your Facebook page
- From left side menu open “Settings” (at the bottom of page)
- Open “Messaging” Settings
- At the bottom of the page find “During a Messenger conversation” select “Set up automated responses”
- Turn on “Instant reply” and select Edit message
- Add your text and link to your online booking widget
- To get your unique URL, open the Tablein system and from the sidebar Open Widget Integration and copy the widget active link
Note: Instant Replies aren’t sent when your Page’s messaging status is set to Away and aren’t included in your Page’s response rate or response time.
Online bookings on Google
Posting through Google My Business lets you publish your events and services directly to Google Search and Maps. By creating posts, you can place timely text, video, and photo content, or ask guests to book a table when they find your business listing on Google.
How to add a reservation URL to your Google Business page:
- Sign in to Google My Business
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage
- Click into the INFO and select the URLs section
- Depending on your business category, you may see options to add additional URLs
- Enter your Tablein widget link (available on widget integration) to the Reservations URL field
- Click Apply
How to create a Google post with an active “Book Now” button
Follow these steps:
- Click Create post, or click Posts from the menu
- The “Create post” screen appears. Choose which type of post you’d like to create from the options given
- Options to add photos, videos, text, events, offers, and a button to your post will appear.
- Click each field and enter any relevant information
- From ‘Add a Button’ dropdown menu select ‘Book’ and add your Tablein widget link (available on widget integration)
- Click Preview to see a preview of your post
- If you’re happy with your preview, click Publish in the top right-hand corner of the screen. If you’d like to change your post, click Back on the top left-hand corner of the screen to continue editing your draft until it’s ready to publish
Reservations widget for multiple restaurants
If you have multiple locations or have a suite of restaurants in one location (like a hotel) or if you use the same Facebook page for different locations, use the multi-restaurant widget for a smoother booking experience.
Multiwidget function is available if all restaurants are managed from one account.
On the first booking step, the guest must select a location to start the reservation process.
Or, you can add separated widgets or buttons with an active link for each restaurant.